The Academy Uniform
As part of the Greenwood Academies Trust ethos there will be a high expectation on appearance to develop a sense of pride and respect on the part of all Academies within the group.
The Skegby Junior Academy has strict guidelines on uniform which apply to all years. Pupils are expected to wear the Academy uniform when travelling to and from the Academy, at all Academy functions and on visits by parties or sports teams.
We will not allow tattoos, make-up, jewellery, nail varnish, dyed hair or hair extensions. Excessive hair styles are strongly discouraged and decisions about the suitability of an individual style are the responsibility of the Principal, whose decision will be final. ‘Cuts’ of any shape or design are not allowed, nor are multiple hair colours. Any pupil with long hair must have it tied back at all times whilst at the Academy. All modest hair accessories should be in the Academy colours. One pair of small, plain stud earrings is allowed.
Pupils are expected to abide by the new rules in order to maintain pride and respect for their appearance and our Academy.
Uniform can be purchased online from our uniform supplier, Price and Buckland
Price and Buckland shop at the following address (when covid restrictions allow):
Price and Buckland
Uniform can be purchased from the office at Skegby Junior Academy to replace lost items or items that have been outgrown.
- Academy V-necked pullover or cardigan, in purple, with the Academy logo
- Mid-grey trousers or skirt or pinafore dress (jeans and cords are not allowed)
- Plain white school shirt with button up collar (not polo shirts)
- Academy tie
- Black or grey socks with trousers. Grey or white socks or mid-grey tights with skirts
- Academy book bag to carry books and equipment
- Sensible black shoes (not boots or trainers)
- A warm coat for the colder months
Physical Education Kit
- Academy sports Polo shirt
- Academy black shorts (no plain black shorts)
- Suitable footwear for PE
- Academy PE bag
For the summer, shorts may be worn by the boys and girls may wear a lightweight summer dress in the Academy colours, purple and white checked.