Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance
Overview of our CEIAG provision:
“We strive to provide an inspiring education, in a happy, safe and secure environment where all children can achieve their full potential, in order to succeed in our ever changing world.”
We pride ourselves on the careers provision at Skegby Junior Academy; we aim to equip every child with the knowledge, skills and confidence to support them with their chosen career aspirations in preparation for adulthood and lifelong career planning/management skills.
Through our broad and balanced curriculum and careers and employability programme we aim to support and inspire children to achieve their ambitions and become well-rounded adults that are fully prepared for a purposeful and enriched life in the modern world.
In order to achieve this vision, the purpose of the Careers & Employability curriculum is to:
- improve each child’s Careers & Employability Skills and relate them to positive personal qualities.
- raise each child’s aspirations and broaden their horizons of what career and Higher Education pathways they know, think and feel is available to them by exposing them to frequent and diverse representative from different careers and Higher Education.
- equip each child with the knowledge, understanding and skills to make successful transitions to their next stage.
- develop their understanding of Health & Safety and encourage a better awareness of the relationship between risk and reward, risk calculation, and risk management.
- challenge all forms of stereotyping (by background, gender or diversity group) and preconceptions.
Our 5R skills we are focussing on are:
- Risk Taking
The Careers Lead at Skegby Junior Academy is Miss Graney, if you would like to discuss our programme of careers you can contact her via the school office.